5 BEST MINIVANS FOR 2019
Though minivans might not serve the purpose of active lifestyle like SUVs and crossovers but, they have always been one of the best options for carrying people and things around. New minivans, now incorporated with the latest technology combined with comfortable seating, increased cargo space and family-friendly features are welcomed by most people.
Some of the best minivans recently available on the market are listed below.
Dodge Grand Caravan has been around since 1984 with a new generation of models after every few years. With new generations come new features. Recently introduced model of Dodge Grand Caravan is pretty much similar to 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. These models are available as SE, SE Plus, SXT and GT trims. some of their prominent features are listed below:
- 6-liter V6 engine that can deliver 283 horsepower
- Six-speed automatic transmission system
- Second-row Stow ‘n Go seats that can be folded flat
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Auto-dimming rearview camera
- 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with a 28-GB internal hard drive
- Single-screen rear-seat DVD entertainment system
Fifth generation of Honda’s minivans is available in the market recently. Fifth generation was introduced in 2018 with a new model of Honda Odyssey. This new Odyssey has six trims: LX,EX,SE,EX-L, Touring and Elite. It also has some impressive features such as:
- 5-liter V6 engine that can produce 290 horsepower
- nine-speed automatic transmission
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Rearview camera
- Integrated vacuum is also available in some trims
- Touring and Elite trims have 10-speed trim as well.
Includes driver aid features such as front collision alert, lane-keep assistance, cruise control and lane departure warning.
Toyota Sienna is an all-wheel drive minivan with a V6 engine. Its third generation was introduced in 2011 and it has been around since then. However, its designs kept changing. Its most recently design refreshment took place in 2018. Toyota Sienna has LE, SE , XLE and Limited trims that are suitable for seven or eight passengers. Features of Toyota Sienna are listed below.
- It has 3.5-liter V6 engine that is capable of producing 296 horsepower and 266 lb-ft of torque.
- It has 39.1 cubic feet of cargo space available behind its third row.
- Limited trim has a 16.4-inch rear screen entertainment system as well.
- A standard rearview camera is available as well
Driver’s aid is also available, this includes adaptive cruise control, forward collision alert as well as blind-spot monitor.
Chrysler Town and Country is a luxury minivan that has been in process of production since a few decades. Its fifth generation was introduced in 2008 while being refreshed in 2011. Since then its features did not change much. It is available in six trims namely LX, Touring, S, Touring-L, Limited and Platinum limited.
Some of the associated features of Chrysler Town and Country are as stated below
- It has a 3.6-liter V6 engine that can produce almost 283 horsepower along with 260 torque.
- A Blu-Ray rear seat entertainment system is also available
- A standard power-sliding side door is also a notable feature
- Limited Platinum trim has Nappa leather seats that makes it different from other trims
- Stow ‘n Go fold-flat second row seating is also a standard feature available in all trims.
Chrysler Pacifica was a SUV during the years 2004 to 2008. It was introduced as a Chrysler Pacifica minivan in the year 2017. It is available in seven trims, two being standard trims and two being hybrid version trims. The trims include LX, Touring, Touring-L, Touring-L Plus and limited trim. Chrysler Pacifica is available in two layouts of either seven-passengers or eight-passengers. Some notable features of Chrysler Pacifica minivan are mentioned below
- It is available in front-wheel drive
- It is available options include standard or hybrid drivetrain
- It consists of 3.6-liter V6 engine that can deliver up to 287 horsepower
- It has a nine-speed automatic transmission as well
- A built-in vacuum is available in Limited trim that is powered by Stow ‘n Vac
- Another prominent feature of limited trim is a dual screen Blu-ray rear seat entertainment system that also includes a facility to play built-in games. This feature is also available in Touring-L trim
- It also presents us with two options for infotainment system: a standard five-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a 8.5-ich infotainment system.
- A driver aids is also included. It features an adaptive cruise control, a lane-keep assist as well as a forward-collision warning.